“No, There Aren’t Toxic Amounts of Lead in Lipstick,” By The Center for Accountability in Science Team.
According to the Environmental Working Group, those scoundrels at the FDA are allowing toxic amounts of lead to poison lipstick lovers nationwide! Not so fast. After all, “according to EWG…” is not the same things as “it’s true that…” Last year, the FDA issued guidelines detailing how much lead is safe in lipsticks and other cosmetics. The agency found that products containing less than 10 parts per million (ppm) of lead won’t pose a threat to your health. At this concentration, even if you lick your lips, eat, drink, or otherwise ingest the lipstick you put on, you won’t even consume enough lead for it to show up on a blood test. Read more.